In order to build a team performance culture, you have to have a mindset around why you are adding people to your business that supports what you’re trying to do in the long term. Your culture is not driven from the bottom up. It’s driven from you down.
What you'll find in this episode:
- How knowing your vision, values and expectations comes into play.
- The definition of “performance culture” according to Kris.
- How the culture you have with your team is a direct result of your own thinking about the team.
- Hiring people who are better than you doesn’t mean to give them free reign.
- A key turn is going from “I’m hiring someone to work for me” to “I’m hiring someone to get results for me and to help me scale and think.”
- Your assignment after listening to this podcast – write down how you would describe your team culture and why it is that way.
- Then, if you would want it to be different than it is – what would you want it to be? Why? And what are the thoughts you need to believe about team members that will get you there?
Visit: The Lead Your Team Podcast for show notes and available downloads.
© 2020 Kris Plachy