Whether you liked, disliked or are indifferent toward The Barbie Movie, I thought after viewing it that there were some positive lessons in the movie and some points I felt more doubt about. Overall, the movie’s premise is that, in Barbie Land, the women have accomplished countless advancements for womankind. They believe that because they’ve done so much there, it’s that way everywhere. But Barbie discovers that in the real world things are not as they are in Barbie Land. Similarly, Ken also discovers he’s treated very differently in the real world than he is in Barbie Land.
In reflecting on these overall takeaways, I liked how the characters powerfully didn’t self-deprecate and they supported one another from the heart. That was refreshing. Then, on the other hand, one of the things I didn’t really like was the way the indoctrinated and not indoctrinated used the current system to try to change the system. I question if we should be doing that in the real world, and what else we’re doing that may only be perpetuating stereotypes. Let’s talk about this and a whole lot more.
“It’s also rooted in the collective misinterpretations about who we’re all supposed to be… What kind of judgments do we hold against each other?... What is it that we do that separates us from one another–that we perpetuate the stereotypes that we resent?... It’s so baked in.” – Kris Plachy
What You’ll Learn
- Responses to not self-deprecating
- Indoctrinated versus not indoctrinated
- Infiltration method
- True support from the heart
- Impact of avoidance
- Collective misinterpretations
- Balance in the end
Contact Info and Recommended Resources
- LEAD FOR WOMEN: Registration is open (currently there is a waitlist). LEAD FOR WOMEN is THE curated Leadership Development, Training AND Advisement program for Elite Visionary Women seeking to upgrade their skills leading, managing, communicating with, and inspiring the people you pay to achieve results in your business.
- Private Subscriber List: Sign up to get preview invitations at thevisionary.ceo/lead. (Opting to be added to the LEAD waitlist on this page will add you to the Private Subscriber List.)
- The Moxy Sage: Join with a paid subscription to hear more about this topic and others. Kris shares more in depth content every week and hosts a private podcast.
- Hawaii Retreat with Kris: September 22-25, 2023. A few spots are still available. This retreat is open to all women. See all the details and register at krisplachy.com/hawaii.
- Get a FREE Month of Coaching on your Business Edit. Go to thevisionary.ceo/theedit to access everything and learn more.
Connect with Kris Plachy
- CEO Boutique: Digital Clinics offered by Kris Plachy: Essential Practices for Women Who Lead + the Advisory Hotline + Kickstart. Shop what’s available, including Kickstart Team Ops, Team Audits, Dealing with Difficult People and much more!
- You can help me make a difference in the lives of other women (and men, too). Please take a few moments to submit a review of Leadership Is Feminine to your favorite podcast platform (or two). It really does help boost the recommendation frequency to reach new listeners. THANK YOU so much.
The Moxy Sage
How to CEO (krisplachy.com)