Team member mental health is an important, sensitive and timely topic. But it can be difficult to navigate as a leader because it is also a very heavy and extremely personal topic. In general, mental health issues intensified due to COVID and all the things that came along with that. From it, one positive did emerge, which is that there is now much less stigma associated with needing mental health care and support.
Let me start by clarifying: I’m not a mental health expert. Therefore, I highly encourage you to seek one if you need. And this episode isn’t about addressing anything specific. But it is about how mental illness at work is affecting work and what is happening in our businesses. People need to take time off, they need adjusted schedules, performances have declined, and more. It can be an overwhelming problem. So how do we marry the need to be sensitive and accommodating to the very real needs of our team members, while still meeting the needs of a growing business? Let’s examine this topic together.
“One of the biggest issues, in general, with management and mental health is that we still have rampant lack of self-awareness and lack of emotional acumen in people who lead.” – Kris Plachy
What You’ll Learn
- Brain health affecting mental health
- Buffering everywhere
- Self-awareness and emotional acumen
- Chasm creation
- Meeting the moment
- Rejecting resentment
- Know facts on accommodations
Contact Info and Recommended Resources
- LEAD FOR WOMEN: Registration is open (currently there is a waitlist). You must join the waitlist to get the Advanced Registration discount. LEAD FOR WOMEN is THE curated Leadership Development, Training AND Advisement program for Elite Visionary Women seeking to upgrade their skills leading, managing, communicating with, and inspiring the people you pay to achieve results in your business. It’s also for C-Suite Women so check it out!
- Private Subscriber List: Sign up to get preview invitations at thevisionary.ceo/lead. (Opting to be added to the LEAD waitlist on this page will add you to the Private Subscriber List.)
- The Moxy Sage: Join with a paid subscription to hear more about this topic and others. Kris shares more in depth content every week and hosts a private podcast.
- Hawaii Retreat with Kris: September 22-25, 2023. A few spots are still available. This retreat is open to all women. See all the details and register at krisplachy.com/hawaii.
- Get a FREE Month of Coaching on your Business Edit. Go to thevisionary.ceo/theedit to access everything and learn more.
Connect with Kris Plachy
- CEO Boutique: Digital Clinics offered by Kris Plachy: Essential Practices for Women Who Lead + the Advisory Hotline + Kickstart. Shop what’s available, including Kickstart Team Ops, Team Audits, Dealing with Difficult People and much more!
- You can help me make a difference in the lives of other women (and men, too). Please take a few moments to submit a review of Leadership Is Feminine to your favorite podcast platform (or two). It really does help boost the recommendation frequency to reach new listeners. THANK YOU so much.
The Moxy Sage
How to CEO (krisplachy.com)