Leaders today are so fearful of confrontation and giving feedback that they’re not holding employees accountable. Here’s the big mistake we all make, and how to keep it from being a drag on your business.
What you'll find in this episode:
- Accountability is your ability to account for someone else’s ability.
- If we, collectively, as business leaders, decided to consistently account for our employees’ ability, we would change the world.
- People who don’t care or want to be held accountable don’t hate you. They don’t like the transparency of witnessing their own inadequacy.
- Age is not related to accountability. It’s experience, and it’s the way people think.
- The first mistake we all make is hiring someone and assuming they’ll hold themselves accountable.
- Thinking about hiring someone to solve a problem is the seed of accountability. Once you know what the solution looks like, now you know the role that position must fill.
- Accountability is not a corporate thing – it’s a relationship thing.
© 2019 Kris Plachy
Kris on Facebook
@KrisPlachy on Twitter
@krisplachycoach on Instagram
Kris on LinkedIn
Produced by Podcast Prowess