In most cultures, there has been a prevalent teaching–whether direct or indirect–that women should always be nice. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you should be mean or rude, but I am saying that, as female leaders, we need to stop being so nice. Immediately.
Why am I advocating for such a seemingly controversial shift in how women lead? Because we need to be expecting, and directly expressing to people, a different expectation, a higher level of personal responsibility. And frankly, holding others to that higher expectation often appears “mean”. So how do we actively hold people to a proper standard? What is the opposite of nice without being seen as witchy? Let’s talk about it.
“Nice doesn’t win the day. That nice compromises you as a leader, it compromises respect, and frankly, it compromises the growth and potential of your company.” – Kris Plachy
What You’ll Learn
- Why direct women are considered mean
- Our supposed job
- Boomerang effect of being nice
- Intentional kindness
- What leadership actually is
- Intimidating women
- True love in leadership
Contact Info and Recommended Resources
- LEAD FOR WOMEN: Registration is open (currently there is a waitlist). LEAD FOR WOMEN is THE curated Leadership Development, Training AND Advisement program for Elite Visionary Women seeking to upgrade their skills leading, managing, communicating with, and inspiring the people you pay to achieve results in your business.
- Private Subscriber List: Sign up to get preview invitations at thevisionary.ceo/lead. (Opting to be added to the LEAD waitlist on this page will add you to the Private Subscriber List.)
- The Moxy Sage: Join with a paid subscription to hear more about this topic and others. Kris shares more in depth content every week and hosts a private podcast.
- Hawaii Retreat with Kris: September 22-25, 2023. A few spots are still available. This retreat is open to all women. See all the details and register at krisplachy.com/hawaii.
- Get a FREE Month of Coaching on your Business Edit. Go to thevisionary.ceo/theedit to access everything and learn more.
Connect with Kris Plachy
- CEO Boutique: Digital Clinics offered by Kris Plachy: Essential Practices for Women Who Lead + the Advisory Hotline + Kickstart. Shop what’s available, including Kickstart Team Ops, Team Audits, Dealing with Difficult People and much more!
- You can help me make a difference in the lives of other women (and men, too). Please take a few moments to submit a review of Leadership Is Feminine to your favorite podcast platform (or two). It really does help boost the recommendation frequency to reach new listeners. THANK YOU so much.
- The Moxy Sage
- How to CEO (krisplachy.com)
- Email: email@example.com